Tuesday 27 August 2013

Fabulous Internship: Week Two

Time is speeding by this year! Last week was my second and final week of interning and it's gone so quickly, but I suppose they do say that time flies when you're having fun ;) 

The week started off better than last as I didn't get lost! It had cooled down a bit on the tubes which made life seem a bit more bearable. There were four of us interns this week so a very busy and crowded fashion department! Mainly we were working on tackling the huuuuuge pile of returns which we successfully got down! I never thought I'd be so happy to see the corner of a room. Not just that but I was contacting PR companies checking availability and prices. 

One of the other girls Lola went on a menswear shoot this week and it looked so exciting so it was lovely to see all the pictures she took and to hear about a completely different shoot compared to the one that I went on. 

There were points during the week, especially Thursday, where I did feel stuck in the cupboard and like we were being forgotten about but then I remembered that everybody and I mean EVERYBODY starts in the cupboard! You've gotta do the grunt work and it means that when you get higher up you understand all the mechanics of the department because you started at the bottom.

You've gotta be memorable, hard working and a force of fucking nature to get out on that desk. 

By Friday I was feeling good but sad to leave, I felt like I'd hit my stride and knew what I was doing as soon as it was time to say goodbye! Everyone was so lovely and thankful when saying goodbye which really helped me feel appreciated :)

To say goodbye I got some cupcakes and a card which went down a treat and I even got an Instagram picture and an amazing goody bag.




Now that's what I really wanted to talk about, the goody bag. It was like the mother of all goody bags...

It included: Joico Shampoo and Conditioner, Famous Dave's Tan and Tone fake tan, Ciate nail kit, Nars eyeshadow brush, HD Brows Brow Beater, Carmex Moisture plus lip balm, Boots Botanics BB cream, Loreal lipgloss, Make Up Store eyeliner aaaaaaand Escada Elixir perfume! 

Everything I've used so far has been great, I haven't had the chance to use the nail kit which I'm really excited about so I'll post a review soon :)

Is it just me or is everything better when it's free?

:) xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment