Monday 19 August 2013

Fabulous Internship: Week One











Lots and lots of clothes, outfits, breakfast and my mantra for the week!



The past week I have, for all intents and purposes, been a fashion assistant at the Sun on Sundays weekly magazine Fabulous so here's a little bit about what I got up to! 

Firstly, working in fashion is not pure hell for those starting out, it isn't the Devil Wears Prada and you don't get to keep the clothes. Sigh. Everyone was really lovely and willing to help, lucky I've been one of three interns this week so we've shared the workload. 

I didn't have the best start in the world because of course I was late! For the first time my iPhone failed me, but anyway, I arrived very hot and flustered... Not a good look. To be completely honest at first I thought that I was going to hate it, I felt a little claustrophobic stuck in the cupboard. BUT after a couple of days and lots of hard work tackling the giant pile of returns I started being asked to more and more and it just got better and better! 

I was even asked to go on a shoot on Thursday which was aaaaamazing! The theme was 80's and dynasty inspired with loads of embellishment and sparkles, basically a magpie like me's dream come true. 

On the shoot I laid out all of the extra jewellery and accessories, steamed the clothes, fetched teas and helped our cover star in and out of her outfits. I was also asked to be the model for the test shots for the lighting which was mortifying! That's when you know that maybe you're a little too helpful... We also had a great buffet lunch, loads of yummy salads and pastries. 

An extra plus was an early finish and a free hair perfume shine spray from the lovely hairstylist. All in all a brilliant day and I'm so grateful for the opportunity from the fashion team. 

Other than that my week consisted of;

Tackling a whole lot of returns
Fetching post (with a lot of banter with the mail room guys) up to three times a day
Writing up the credits for a still life shoot (very important!)
Making teas, something I excel at if I do say so myself ;)
Lots of coffee
Pret breakfasts 
And lots and lots of time spent snoozing on the train!

I had an amazing first week and it's really given me the drive to work my little bum off next year, bring on graduation!

Also don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

twitter.com/PriyaSund
twitter.com/PriyaSund

:) oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment