Thursday 18 July 2013

I just can't live without... Nando's Peri Peri

It might seem strange that, as a lifelong vegetarian, I am completely obsessed with Nando's Peri Peri sauce! I've been putting it on everything at the moment and I mean everything so it seemed appropriate for my first 'I just can't live without...' post. 



I never really realised just how versatile this little bottle is but I've been including a splash here and there in breakfasts, lunches and dinners! So I've put together a few of my favourite meal ideas using Peri Peri;

Breakfast: Fried egg and mushroom sandwich with a dash of spice to kick start the morning (trust me, it's beautiful on a hangover) or simple cheese on toast with a little extra heat. 

Lunch: Grilled halloumi and portobello mushroom coated with Peri Peri on a rocket salad. I like to add avocados and sweetcorn along with the usual tomatoes and cucumber. I'm a massive fan of warm and cold foods together, especially warm salads. 

Dinner: As you have probably already gathered I am a sucker for spicy food, especially in pasta. Add a little splash of Peri Peri in a simple (student) tomato and onion sauce and let your taste buds explode ;) 
Or homemade chips for dipping. Because nothing beats homemade chips.

I believe that food should be enjoyed and that there is a happy medium between junk food and detoxing. Indulging from time to time is a good thing :) Plus eating spicy food can speed up your metabolism and can do your heart some good too!

I think I'm gonna make these kinds of posts a regular thing. Let me know what you think! 

I will post some of these recipes in more detail in time :)

:) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment